Natural Testosterone Boost for the New Year
Gentlemen, 2018 is your year! This is the start of a new era of life that begins with a fresh perspective, improved lifestyle and an enhanced version of all the qualities that make you the man that you uniquely are. The closest thing in existence to the fountain of youth for a man is already found within the body naturally. It is simply: testosterone. This powerhouse hormone is the secret weapon that changes the whole game as a man ages. In most cases a man’s testosterone is at its highest level in his 20s and by the age of 60 reaches only half that level. It’s time to take control by maximizing testosterone levels for overall health and well-being. The foundation of a steady training program, clean diet and active lifestyle will lead to a healthy level of testosterone maintained throughout the body all year round. Having the right amount of testosterone in balance within the body will make all physical activities more enjoyable with an energetic vigor and passion, at any age. The key to living life to the fullest is hormonal balance in the body. Make sure that this new year you are doing everything you can to fortify testosterone production to get the maximum benefits from workouts, meal plans and life in general.
With more than 200,000 United States cases of low testosterone per year, it is more crucial than ever that males take active measures to combat the condition with the right nutrition, training and daily habits. Healthy testosterone levels will aid in everything from decreasing obesity and battling depression to better memory, sleep and sex drive. Overall well-being and happiness comes from optimal testosterone levels. When the right amount of testosterone is present in the body, a man will also naturally have more energy, increased muscle mass and improved heart health.
The battle for healthy testosterone levels is fought on multiple fronts. It is a combined result of proper nutrition, effective training techniques and lifestyle choices that all work in an effective harmony to create a veritable force to be reckoned with, in regards to levels of the powerful hormone within the body. There is no need for potentially dangerous supplementation of testosterone-boosting pills when there are so many natural alternatives at your disposal, which can be maintained for the rest of your life safely and effectively.
Tips for naturally boosting testosterone levels:
- Full Body Workouts are a tried-and-true training technique for spiking testosterone levels in the gym. Make sure that the foundation of every muscle group is a compound exercise (one in which multiple muscles are engaged to lift the weight). For example, always include variations of bench press, military press, squat, dead lift, barbell rows, etc. in workouts to force the body to produce increased amounts of muscle building hormones such as testosterone.
- Olive Oil is one of nature’s best sources of the right fatty acids that aid in testosterone production. It also contains healthy monounsaturated fats, which aid in improving cholesterol levels, preventing strokes, decreasing inflammation and protecting against heart disease, along with improving numerous other health-related issues. Substitute olive oil for vegetable oil when cooking. It will help supply the body with the necessary amounts of fatty acids to produce more testosterone.
- Avocados are another source of healthy monounsaturated fats which the body can use to produce more testosterone. Rather than being packed with simple carbohydrates like most other fruits, avocados are full of healthy fats that increase natural testosterone levels. Avocados are also very beneficial for the health of the heart, vision, preventing cancer and improved digestion. They are an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals that all help to improve testosterone levels. Enjoy sliced avocados or even make homemade guacamole to consume extra amounts of the nutrients needed for healthy hormonal production.
- Competitive new challenges are one of the best psychological methods of boosting testosterone levels due to the primal nature within males. When men are cast into the throes of competition, they instinctively produce more testosterone to give them a competitive edge in pursuit of the coveted alpha-male position. It is an instinct that keeps a species strong. Our bodies are designed to exist in a “survival of the fittest” environment; however, with present-day technology and the luxuries of modern society, there is less and less opportunity to develop our testosterone-driven competitive nature. Men must find challenges in daily life to test themselves either by competing against themselves or other males to bring out the primal instincts that fuel testosterone production. Simply engaging vicariously in a sport or competition via watching is not enough. It is a great outlet for passion, entertainment and excitement, but a man must be thrust into his own personal battleground where he can rev up the testosterone production first-hand. Rediscover activities that make you feel alive again. Test yourself and feel the testosterone rise.
- Eggs are making a comeback! In past years people have limited or altogether avoided eggs, especially the yolk, because of concerns about fat content. Presently more information is being updated every day about the healthy benefits of eggs, including the yolks. Eggs contain high amounts of important macronutrients that are necessary for building muscle and producing testosterone. They contain fatty acids such as Omega-3s that are important for regulating hormonal production and promoting healthy cholesterol levels within the body. The key to everything is moderation. Eating up to 3 eggs per day is safe for most people. Specific cases of health conditions such as diabetes may limit the amount of eggs a person can safely consume in one day; however, a moderate amount is extremely beneficial in giving the body what it needs to produce plenty of testosterone on a daily basis.
- Zinc is one of the best nutrients for overall health and wellness. It is actually a trace element found in many foods that aids in keeping the body strong and healthy in a multitude of ways. In addition to its hormonal benefits, zinc also can help prevent and shorten the duration of the common cold because of its immune-building tendencies. A little goes a long way with zinc. Just the right amount (typically 11-30 milligrams per day for men) will be sufficient for its amazing benefits. Too much zinc (more than 40 milligrams per day) can actually have a reverse effect and become toxic because the body cannot get rid of it fast enough. This could lead to nausea, vomiting, stomach aches and diarrhea. Zinc is the key component of eggs and oysters that make them such powerful testosterone boosters. Beef, poultry and almonds are also great sources of zinc that can easily be included in your daily diet. Because zinc is lost through sweat many men become zinc-deficient in the summertime when the heat is extremely high. During those hot months, it is more important than ever to eat zinc-rich foods and possibly even take a daily zinc supplement to ensure the proper amount of the nutrient in the body at all times.
Science and research are enlightening the health world more each day about the truth of what the body truly needs to function at its best. Fat-free diets are not the best choice for men, especially over the age of 30. It is in the adult years of a man’s life that he needs the right kinds of fats as well as the appropriate amount of those fats, in order to keep his hormones in balance. Low testosterone is a challenge many men are fighting to overcome in our modern society, but there is definitely hope. Getting back to basics with the right nutrition, training techniques and mental perspective are the tenets of a strong foundation for healthy testosterone production. A man with healthy testosterone levels will be the best version of himself: stronger, more confident, more alert, happier, healthier and more fulfilled. He will truly be master of his domain, which will translate to every area of his life. Testosterone is the catalyst for the man that you are and the man that you can become: Unleash the power within!