New Year – New You! Beauty Resolutions for 2017
The month of January fosters new beginnings. Ring in the new year with beauty resolutions that will have you looking your best in 2017. Now is the time to ditch bad habits along with old beauty products and supplies. Here are a few tips for getting yourself on the right track this year. Add these beauty resolutions to your routine for healthier, happier, glowing skin.
Wear SPF every day.
Wearing SPF (Sun Protection Factor) products daily helps prevent premature aging and protects against skin cancer. The easiest approach is the use of sunscreens, which also act as moisturizers. Make sure your moisturizer contains at least an SPF15, and use it all year round!
Get tone perfection, daily hydration and SPF protection with Garnier BB Creams, which are made for every skin type. You can also try Eucerin Daily Hydration Body Creme
Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Moisturizer.
Remove makeup every night.
Yes, it’s late and you’re tired, but sleeping in your makeup contributes to a host of skin problems, including breakouts, dryness and irritation. Properly cleansing skin every night to remove makeup is your best weapon against premature aging. For times when cleansing your face is really the last thing you want to do, at least use cleansing wipes. Try AVEENO® POSITIVELY RADIANT® Daily Cleansing Pads for a quick and easy cleanup. Your skin will thank you.
Exfoliate face and body at least once a week.
It’s essential to scour off those dead skin cells, if you want your skin to glow with radiance and health. By ridding your complexion and body of dead surface skin, you’ll look and feel fresher. Exfoliating both the face and body weekly allows moisturizers and serums to better penetrate the skin and helps your foundation glide on more smoothly. For exfoliating the face, try Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub, which uses soft beads to loosen dead skin. For the body, gently wash away dead skin with Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash, for smoother skin.
Clean out and update beauty products and supplies
In keeping with new beginnings, January is a great time to take stock of cosmetics and beauty supplies. We often forget that beauty products have a shelf life, and care should be taken to discard products before they pose health hazards. The following guidelines will help you decide what to keep and what to say goodbye to:
- Water-based foundation: Up to one year
- Oil-based foundation: Up to one and a half years
- Cream and gel cleansers: One year
- Lipstick: Eight months to two years
- Mascara: Four months Note: Mascara is the product most likely to harbor bacteria!
- Lotions and moisturizers: Six to twelve months after opened, up to two years unopened
- Brushes: Wash every two to three months in a mild detergent. Replace yearly.
- Sponges: Wash weekly and toss monthly.
- Because infectious diseases like Hepatitis B can be transmitted by personal care items such as razors, cuticle scissors, nail files and tweezers; such items should not be shared and should always be cleaned with hot water and soap.